24 September 2009

Deadline ahead

"Defending Walls" is due to the publisher before October 31st - that's everything, including the cover art. So now for a bit of last minute panic on my end as I try to figure out exactly what I have written and if it says what I want it to say at every point. *s* That's always the case, that last minute feeling that I've obfuscated rather than made things clear. I'm not sure if this is a common fear of writers in general or if it's just me, but it happens every time.

I'm also convinced that although I wrote all the dates down and have corresponded as precisely as is humanly possible, someone is going to come along and tell me that something is absolutely inaccurate and along the lines of what gives historical fiction writers everywhere a bad name. It's amazing how much that thought can contribute to obsessive twitching and re-reading.

Then, of course, there is also the wonderful feeling of relief when it's gone...and you can move on to the next thing. In this case, the third book, which I am not quite sure counts as moving on, but certainly counts as moving forward - and possibly just 'getting on with it.'

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Lee,

    I don't know if you are aware of us, but I'm a member of growing group of authors with a shared passion, that of gay historical fiction - small but growing genre.

    We'd like you to join us over at The Macaronis (www.historicromance.wordpress.com) and the yahoo group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/the_macaronis/) which is a not terribly busy but friendly chat group where we share resources and cheer each other on.

    I also run SPEAK ITS NAME - the only place on the planet which reviews gay historical fiction only - and I'd like to review your book, if you like?

    Feel free to email me on erastes at erastes dot com if you want to discuss further.

    It's always great to find another author in the genre.

    Erastes
    www.erastes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite mad at you. I've lost days of sleep staying up late trying to finish "Icy Pavemnts". Seriously, I really enjoyed your book. The writing was excellent, the characters believable and engrossing and the setting quite historically accurate. I understand that this is part of a quartet. I can't wait for the next book to be published.

    ReplyDelete